Monday, June 10, 2013

What To Do When Korean Speaks Korean To You



Being in Korea for exchange program make me to have the opportunity to talk to Korean and sometimes even they know you do not really understand their Korean but they still speak in anyway without their realise. Kinda same theory for someone (minority?) to speak foul language when they are under extreme stress. (Not me!)

I have been feeling guilty for not updating my blog for awhile during my exam and travel period so I am thinking that I should at least draw it on paper instead of using my beloved wacom. :)



 Full view:




1. Laugh/ Smile




2. (Has many different meanings depends on the context)



3. Run Away




My Korean level is still at a very blur stage. Not really skillful but still manage to guess the meaning if I use my mental power (in 100%) to listen what a Korean said. Sometimes, my mind will wander to another place if I listen to too long Korean sentences. I am talented in tuning out Korean when I am alone or I am not require to. Heh.



Going back to Malaysia soon. I want to write a post about the cafes I went during my stay in Korea. Stay tuned!






8 comments:

  1. hahaha one reason is cause their speed is very fast! i watch so much runningman but i din't manage to pick up much of the language ^^"" btw 2nd pic the word is "dae?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their Korean are ultrasonic fast!!! Haha...네 = ne. When my mind dazed for awhile I already lost track of what they are talking about. XD

      Delete
  2. Hi BlackSesame! ^^ I have been reading your blog ever since i found it (but only now i think of leaving some comment). Really envy you for having chance to go to korea. i want too~ (TT^TT)
    Anyway, how long it takes for you to somewhat understand korean language? did u study before u go there?

    cheers,
    vie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support! Hehe... I am sure you can come to Korea too! I kinda self-learning Korean without knowing I will come to Korea. I just learn Korean because I am bored during my free time. (Is true! I know it sounds a bit weird) I been learning on and off for a year. XD

      Haha..You somewhat will understand Korean depends on your effort. ^^ My friends started learning 3 months ago and now they are now doing fine!

      Delete
    2. waa.. nice to hear that. i'm currently learning from watching korean drama. haaa..
      but i think i really need some guidance (from book) to learn the real basic.
      i'm saving money. $_$ really hope can go trip to korea. one day. *eyes burn with willing* :D

      cheers,
      vie
      viviemeansalive.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. I agree with the second one. haha
    Although I have been learning Korean by myself for years but since I wasn't formally taught so I still have a hard time to understand what they trying to say.
    2years back when I went Korea, my driver was an middle-aged uncle who hardly speak English, so I kinda communicate with him all in Korean.
    And when he replied me, his dialect was abit strong and when I didn't really get him and just "네.네?네!"
    I feel it's quite a good way HAHA =P

    Heaven Knows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High five!
      I think this word is very effective too. 네 네 네...haha.. I bet your Korean must be much more advanced than mine!

      Delete
  4. agree to your blog post! I did that often too =D

    ReplyDelete